Eid Salat will be at 8:00am Wednesday Oct 16th
Location: As-Sahabah, 3435 Washington Dr, Suite# 200, Eagan, MN 55122
Based on the Criteria of Local Moon Sighting:
North American Hilal Committees have declared at end of last month of Zul-Qadah that Eid ul-Adha will be on Wednesday Oct 16th.
For those who live in the north side of Twin Cities, there will another Eid salat at ICM building (Al Amal School) in Fridley at 9:00am on Wednesday Oct 16th inshaAllah, address: 1401 Gardena Ave NE Fridley, MN 55432
Significance of the First Ten Days of Zul Hijjah
- Aboo Hurayrah radiyallahu anhu related that Rasoolullah sallalahu alayhi wasallam said, "On no days is the worship of Allah desired more than in the (first) ten days of Zul Hijjah. The fast of each of these days is equal to the fast of a whole year, and the worship of each of these nights is equal to the worship of Laylatul Qadr." (Tirmizi, Ibne Mãjah)
- The mother of the believers, Hafsah radiyallahu anhaa reports that Rasoolullah sallalahu alayhi wasallam used to fast the (first) nine days of Zul Hijjah. (Nasa'ee, Ahmad, Aboo Dãwood)
- Abdullah Ibne 'Umar radiyallahu anhu related that Rasoolullah sallalahu alayhi wasallam said, "No days are as weighty with Allah and so liked by Him for good deeds than the first ten days of Zul Hijjah. So on these days increasingly read Subhãnallah, Lã ilãha illallãh, Alhamdulillah and Allahu Akbar." (Musnad Ahmad)
Virtues of the Day of Arafah (9th Zul Hijjah)
- Aishah radiyallahu anhaa reports that Rasoolullah sallalahu alayhi wasallam said, " There is no day in which Allah sets free more souls from the fire of hell than on the day of Arafah. And on that day Allah draws near to the earth and by way of exhibiting His Pride remarks to the angels, 'What is the desire of these (servants of mine)?" (Muslim)
- Talhah radiyallahu anhu reports that Rasoolullah sallalahu alayhi wasallam said, "Apart from the day of the Battle of Badr there is no day on which the Shaytan is seen to be more humiliated, more rejected, more depressed and more infuriated, than on the day of Arafah, and indeed all this is only because of beholding the abundance of descending mercy (on the day) and Allah's forgiveness of the great sins of the servants." (Mishkãt)
- Aboo Qatãdah Al-Ansãri radiyallahu anhu narrated that Rasoolullah sallalahu alayhi wasallam was asked about the fast on the day of Arafah. He said, "It compensates for the (minor) sins of the past and the coming year." (Muslim, Tirmizi, Ibne Mãjah)
Night of Eid ul Adha
- Aboo Umarah radiyallahu anhu related that 'Ã'ishah radiyallahu anhaa reports that Rasoolullah sallalahu alayhi wasallam said, "Whosoever stays awake and performs 'ibãdah (worship) on the nights of the two 'Eed, with hope for abundant reward (from Allah), his heart will not die on the day (i.e. Qiyãmah) when all hearts will be dead." (Targheeb)
Virtues of Qurbani
- Rasoolullah sallalahu alayhi wasallam said, "There is nothing dearer to Allah during the days of Qurbãni than the sacrificing of animals. The sacrificed animal shall come on the Day of Judgement with its horns, hair, and hooves (to be weighed). The sacrifice is accepted by Allah before the blood reaches the ground. Therefore sacrifice with an open and happy heart." (Tirmizi, Ibne Mãjah)
Takbirat of Tashreeq
The Takbirãt of Tashreeq are:
Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar,
Lã ilãha illallãhu wallahu Akbar,
Allahu Akbar, Walil lahil hamd.
"Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest. There is no deity besides Allah and Allah is the Greatest. Allah is the Greatest and all praises are for Allah only."
It is wajib for every adult Muslim to recite these Takbirãt of Tashreeq audibly once after every fardh salaah which is performed with jamã'at (congregation) from the Fajr of 9th Zul Hijjah to the 'Asr of 13th Zul Hijjah (i.e. total of 23 salãh).
Mas'alah: Women should not say it loudly but softly.
Mas'alah: Takbeer should be recited immediately after concluding the fardh prayer.